Connect with Your Audience
Whether you’re just beginning initial interviews with a new client or approaching the trial date, your presentation strategy should always be a priority. How you communicate the facts and the visual aids you’re able to employ can mean the difference between winning and losing.
If your visual aids have taken a back seat to the rest of your strategy, consider these five compelling benefits of having a strong courtroom presentation:
- Appeal to visual learners. 65% of the population identifies as visual learners, so it’s important to ensure that you’re presenting information in a way that the jury can understand.
- Encourage memory retention. Not only does a professionally executed courtroom presentation promote understanding among laypeople, but visual data is also more likely to be remembered. Instead of the jury listening to you recite dry facts as they struggle to take notes or making them squint to see a blurry photograph or hand-drawn chart, you can present high-quality graphics and video to help your audience understand what happened.
- Meet expectations. Thanks to Hollywood courtroom dramas, jurors have certain expectations about how a lawyer should present information. Even though you don’t have the magic of film editing to hammer a dramatic point home in 30 seconds, you can use technological innovations to create a polished and compelling presentation with high-quality graphics and animation.
- Impeach witnesses. It’s not unheard of for witness testimony to change. By using digital technology for your courtroom presentations, you can play back video of conflicting testimony or provide direct quotes on a video screen.
- Stay organized. There’s a lot of evidence to present in a trial, and it can be a challenge to keep track of it all. By having a systematic process that uses digital technology as part of your courtroom presentation, you can house all of your evidence digitally on a single device and pull up documents or files on command.
Precise can help you harness the power of the technology for your next case. We welcome you to schedule a consultation to learn more.Learn More