With cyber attacks on the rise, cyber security is an important topic for businesses today, and law firms are no exception. Today it is nearly impossible to practice law without using technology, so what steps can you take to maintain your ethical obligations of client confidentiality? Some law firms like to run the odds that a breach won’t happen to them, rather than wading through the plethora of new technologies that promise to maintain security. However, with 26 states now requiring lawyers to stay abreast of changes in legal technology, that approach is doomed to fail.
The good news is that there are some simple steps you can take to make your law firm’s data more secure. And for Pittsburgh cyber security of your eDiscovery, the experts at Precise offer multiple, easy to manage solutions that won’t break the bank.
Pittsburgh Cyber Security Tips
- Password protection – If you are like most Americans, you do at least some of your work from a personal mobile device (most likely after work hours). You want to be sure that these devices are password protected, and that the password is complex. (Hint: if it’s easy to remember – such as a birthdate or anniversary – it is not complex enough.)
- Think beyond email – Time and again email has proven to be insecure. Luckily, there are newer, more secure methods of communication available, with web-based client portals being one of the most popular. These portals allow lawyers to communicate and securely share case-related information with their clients in an encrypted, controlled online environment.
- eDiscovery managed solutions – With so much of discovery now involving electronically stored information (ESI), you want to be sure you can keep that data secure. With Precise’s managed services, ESI is hosted in a state-of-the-art data center, giving you and your clients confidence that all compliance and regulation standards are being met.
- Better document management – Precise now offers genesis, a web-based application designed to streamline workflows and document management. It includes state-of-the-art security and data redundancy, so you can remotely access your documents at any time without fear of a security breach.
- Digital forensics – Lastly, if you need a digital forensics investigation – whether to investigate employee misconduct or to recover deleted data – call the experts at Precise. They have the skill and experience necessary to perform a detailed forensic investigation, properly retrieving and storing data to avoid any spoliation risks.
Precise: the Pittsburgh Cyber Security Experts
Whether you are looking to reduce the amount of paper in your office or bring order to your eDiscovery process, Precise has the solutions you are looking for. Call us today at 866-277-3247 to learn more.